HUPO ReCONNECT 2021
GRADUATE STUDENTS POSTER COMPETITION
HUPO ReCONNECT 2021 GRADUATE STUDENTS POSTER COMPETITION
The HUPO Early Career Researcher (ECR) initiative was delighted to once again this year hold its Graduate Student Poster Competition at HUPO ReCONNECT 2021 thanks to the support of its sponsor: Molecular Omics.
For the first time, the competition was open to all graduate students (Master’s and Ph.D.). Eight presenters were selected based on the excellence of their abstracts to give a short oral presentation on their poster during the Graduate Student Poster Competition Session on November 5 @ 20:00 UTC. A panel of judges selected the best presentations , $300 (1st place) and $150 (2nd and 3rd place).
Each presentation consisted of a 4min presentation and 2min Q&A and the winners were announced during the Closing Ceremony on November 19.
Supported by Molecular Omics
Graduate Student Poster Competition
November 15, 2021 – 20:00 – 21:00 UTC
Chairs: Giuseppe Palmisano & Jessica Brandi
- MAGPIE: A Machine Learning Approach for Deciphering Protein-Protein Interactions in Human Plasma
- Identification of Protein Biomarkers in FFPE Primary Tissues to Predict Recurrence in Endometrial Cancer
Carlos López Gil
- SAPID-MSI: Spatially-Aware Protein Identification Algorithm for Mass Spectrometry Imaging
Soroush Shahryari Fard
- Cell Surface Phenotyping of the Human Heart Reveals Cardiomyocyte-Specific Targets and Surfaceome Dynamics of Explanted Cardiac Fibroblasts
Linda Berg Luecke
- Data-Independent Acquisition Method for Ubiquitinome Analysis Reveals Regulation of Circadian Biology
- Species-Specific Cutaneous Protein Signatures of Incision Injury and Correlation with Distinct Pain-Related Phenotypes in Humans
- The Proteomic Analysis of High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer Reveals the Role of Tumor Microenvironment in Chemoresistance
- Live Q&A
This year, for the first time, the competition will be open to all graduate students (Master’s and Ph.D.). Eight presenters will be selected based on the excellence of their abstracts to give a short oral presentation on their poster at HUPO Reconnect 2021. A panel of judges will select the best presentations given at the conference, $300 (1st place) and $150 (2nd and 3rd place).
How to enter:
- Submit an abstract via the HUPO Reconnect 2021 abstract submission form
- Select to enter the graduate students Poster Competition when asked on the form.
- Upload to the form the supporting documentation to confirm student status (e.g., student registration confirmation or letter from supervisor).
- Send a short text (maximum five sentences) describing the main achievements of your work to email@example.com. The subject of your email should be: HUPO Reconnect 2021 Graduate Students Poster Competition – YOUR NAME
- The presenting first author (or co-first author) must be a Graduate Student.
The deadline for submissions is September 10, 2021.